As the New Business Development Director, you will be expected to be well connected and capable of identifying, pursuing and winning strategic new business opportunities. The director will report to the Chief Marketing Officer and will have close working relationships and support from account, strategy, creative, technical and production leads in the agency.
• Developing new business strategies for the agency.
• Leading agency prospecting, including: establishing relationships with search consultants, leveraging personal network for opportunities, developing key prospect list and outbound marketing campaigns, and responding to inbound marketing leads.
• Leading new business process for Chicago office pitches.
• Managing MERGE Chicago Salesforce environment with all agency leads and new business activity.
• Leading development of marketing materials for the agency.
• Keeping agency capabilities and case studies fresh and relevant.
• Coordinating with new business leads from other offices, including weekly status call.
MERGE is a collaborative company. While this description includes core functional responsibilities, all of our employees are active members of the team, flexible in assisting the company as it grows and evolves. This expectation requires each person to be capable of adapting to the dynamics of a client driven environment. We’re as interested in your human side as your technical expertise. The ideal candidate will be upbeat, optimistic and happy to help the team.
• 10+ years experience marketing or business development experience within advertising agency or creative service/consulting business with digital at the core.
• Solid track record of developing successful relationships.
• Confirmed and proven record of closing major accounts.
• Ability. Ability to bring the highest level of skill and competence.
• Agility. To keep us flexible, nimble and incredibly responsive to client and market demands.
• Humility. Constant seekers of new ideas, amazing collaborators and builders of those around us.
We’re constantly on the lookout for new ideas and thinking. That's why we're always interested in dreamers, visionaries, realists and those who see boundless possibilities at every turn. We're giving tomorrow’s difference makers an opportunity to make an impact today.
If you don't see an open position that fits you to a T, but you are interested in working at MERGE, submit your resume and information below and we'll keep you in mind for future openings.